Nancy has a background in advertising design and corporate branding. Working in that industry for 8 years, she decided to follow her passion for weddings and events and founded Weddings by Nancy in 2002. In 2009 the company added corporate events to their expertise.
Nancy is a hometown gal - born and raised in La Crosse. Both Nancy and her husband Bob come from large families - they have 3 children (two in college and one in high school).
Why weddings and events? I have always loved weddings since I was a little girl. I had Brides and Modern Bride magazines in my locker in high school - so this is a dream come true for me. I love the creative process and then shifting gears to the logistics and making it happen. Events are another challenge I love. Making our clients look like they put on the best awards dinner, banquet, or fundraiser is very rewarding.
Nancy's favorite things:
- Food - Grilled ribeye and salad
- Drink - Moscow Mule or Pinot Noir
- For Fun - Reading, hot yoga, hiking, hanging with my kids, exploring old deserted houses and new places
- Vacation Spot - I haven't found it yet - still exploring! Anywhere I can hike and be outside is good for me! But Door County was very serene on the water.
- Holiday - Christmas - I love all of the family traditions, snow, Christmas music, and peacefulness of the season. A close second is the 4th of July. We have a large family gathering and compete in our competitive Lyga Olympics.
- Memory of my wedding - I love hearing my processional song, “Heart and Soul” by Lorie Line when I walked down the aisle. I also loved our dance. It was packed all night long and the DJ stayed a 1/2 hour longer.
- Wedding / event moment - The moment right before everyone walks down the aisle. It’s go time. There is a moment of organized chaos and nerves and then everyone is ready to go. I love their excitement.
Summer joined the team in 2015 and brings an extensive background in food & beverage and hospitality management. Her keen eye for design, incredible talent for detail, and project management have pushed the creative envelope even more in the company.
Summer was born in La Crosse, but grew up in the sunny state of Arizona. After college she spent 6 years in Northern California. Eventually, in 2010 she found her way back to the Midwest. Summer and her husband Justin have one 5 year old son, a Siberian husky, and two Siamese cats.
Why weddings and events? This industry is the perfect mix of satisfying both my left and right brain skills! By nature, I'm uber-detailed and organized. However, I also love creating, art, and appreciating the beautiful in life. Having come from the hospitality industry, planning events was a natural transition and culmination of my skills and strengths.
Summer's favorite things:
- Food - Tacos
- Drink - Coffee!
- For Fun - reading, hiking, camping, traveling, visiting a spa, getting really dressed up, decorating my home. Basically, I'm described as being either fancy or super casual, but not much in between.
- Vacation Spot - We frequent Colorado and National Parks - we have a goal to visit all of them before our son graduates high school.
- Holiday - Halloween - I love overthinking the details of a costume, especially if it involves full makeup
- Memory of my wedding - Since we've lived in a variety of places, our friends and family are spread all over the US. Having everyone we both care about in the same place at the same time, knowing this will probably never happen again was beyond description.
- Wedding / event moment - I love hearing self-written vows. The vows are the true heart of the wedding and the reason for the day. To be part of something so personal is such an honor.