Summer joined the team in 2015 and brings an extensive background in food & beverage and hospitality management. Her keen eye for design, incredible talent for detail, and project management have pushed the creative envelope even more in the company.
Summer was born in La Crosse, but grew up in the sunny state of Arizona. After college she spent 6 years in Northern California. Eventually, in 2010 she found her way back to the Midwest. Summer and her husband Justin have one 5 year old son, a Siberian husky, and two Siamese cats.
Why weddings and events? This industry is the perfect mix of satisfying both my left and right brain skills! By nature, I'm uber-detailed and organized. However, I also love creating, art, and appreciating the beautiful in life. Having come from the hospitality industry, planning events was a natural transition and culmination of my skills and strengths.
Summer's favorite things:
- Food - Tacos
- Drink - Coffee!
- For Fun - reading, hiking, camping, traveling, visiting a spa, getting really dressed up, decorating my home. Basically, I'm described as being either fancy or super casual, but not much in between.
- Vacation Spot - We frequent Colorado and National Parks - we have a goal to visit all of them before our son graduates high school.
- Holiday - Halloween - I love overthinking the details of a costume, especially if it involves full makeup
- Memory of my wedding - Since we've lived in a variety of places, our friends and family are spread all over the US. Having everyone we both care about in the same place at the same time, knowing this will probably never happen again was beyond description.
- Wedding / event moment - I love hearing self-written vows. The vows are the true heart of the wedding and the reason for the day. To be part of something so personal is such an honor.